So it’s somehow got to 6 months through the year… quite how I’m really not sure. It’s has just whizzed by. But I thought it would be a good idea to do an update on my Make Nine challenge that I posted about at the beginning of the year.
- In Progress Blanket – my red lounge blanket – this is still in progress, although I have made some more in roads into it. Hopefully still on track to get this done.
- In Progress Ginger Jeans – Well these are mostly done, you can see my first post about them here. I just need to sew the last few bits on and they will be done! Woo first pair of jeans!
- Ballroom dress – This I’m not certain will actually get done this year. It’s such a massive project and I don’t actually really have a need for it right now as I’m not sure what my dancing plans are for now, but I’ll see how I feel about it in a few months.
- DONE New latin dress – Well this is completed! I haven’t actually done a blog post about it but you can see a couple of shots of it in this Monday Sevens post. Unfortunately I need to do a little repair to it as the new formulation of gemtac is really awful and a bunch of the stones have already fallen off. =(
- Nice going out top – I haven’t made any progress on this, I’m not really sure what pattern or fabric I would use so I definitely need to look into this more.
- Leggings – No progress on this either, but I think my next set will be plainer.
- Shirt top – Hoping to do the paper cutting of this pattern soon, but I still need to select some fabric.
- Fit and flare dress – the fabric for this is still sitting on my table, might try and cut the pattern out soon.
- One Done Everyday t-shirts – I’ve done a casual t-shirt from the Seamwork Aberdeen pattern. Still planning on adding a few more casual shirts though, probably the laundry day tee, maybe a Seamwork Jane and some self-drafted ones.
Overall it doesn’t look like I’ve made a huge amount of progress. One is done, one is done but I plan on doing more, one is very nearly done and one in progress. That leaves 5 that haven’t really been started at all. However, I did say that I probably wouldn’t make very much progress in the first few months of the year but after that I should be able to do more.
I have been doing a lot more sewing recently. In fact since the beginning of May I have completed a whopping 11 projects and have 3 more that are very nearly finished. So I have definitely made more than nine… I just might need to focus down a little bit more on those garments.
How does everyone else feel they are getting on with their sewing goals for the year?