I have not really made any sewing/making resolutions before, but this year I thought I would try to make myself a realistic challenge of nine items to create before the end of the year. I’m definitely more of an impulsive sewer rather than scheduling in my creations, but maybe this year I might actually manage to get some things made before the season in which they want to be worn.
Some of these makes are significantly more ambitious than others, involving drafting patterns, fabric selection, significant embellishment, but I’d like to at least make some progress on them. Some of the others I already have patterns and fabrics for, so hopefully they should be more straightforward.
I will probably not make much progress in the first few months of the year as I have to finish of my thesis and get that submitted. But following that I should hopefully be able to get some done.
- Blanket – hopefully I will actually managed to finish my Red lounge blanket this year – I’ve made a little bit of progress over the christmas period, I might be about 1/3rd of the way through. You can see the blog posts I’ve made about it so far here.
- Ginger Jeans – I want to make myself some proper fitting jeans as I struggle to find decent jeans.
- New latin dress – a new latin dress in purple and contrasting colour.
- Ballroom dress – I have made a bit of a design for this, but I would love to be able to actually complete making myself a new ballroom dress
- Nice going out top – I need to refresh my going out wardrobe somewhat, I haven’t actually decided what top this will be yet but hopefully something that can be dressed up or down as necessary
- Leggings – I have made 1 pair of seamwork aires leggings (which I need to photograph) but I’m hoping to add a few more variations to my collection next year.
- Shirt top – I think this will probably be butterick b5997 to make a few new shirt tops as I wear these frequently.
- Fit and flare dress – a second make of this dress probably, I have just got some fabric for it and will probably do a hacked version of new look 6123
- Everyday t-shirts – possibly a laundry day t-shirt as well as a self drafted bat wing t-shirt for wearing casually day-to-day.
And a few honorable mentions as once I started thinking about this I came up with a few more ideas.
- A jumpsuit
- A new maxi dress that can be dressed up