So I have finally finished my latin dress! See all my posts about the making of my latin dress here. I have to say it took me quite a while to actually finish off the last little bit, because the fit of the top of the dress wasn’t quite right and I put it off for a while. In the end all it needed was the neck strap to be shortened a little which raised the dress up a bit. I also put in hooks and eyes so that I can actually get into the dress without difficulty.
I have to say I’m very pleased with how it turned out. If I made another dress in this style I would probably use stretch fringe though, because it is a little bit of a wiggle getting into it. Also I would make the top of the leotard wider as it seemed to shrink slightly when the fringe was added (although that might not happen if I was using stretch fringe)
I would also try to find sew on stones to attach to the top layer of fringe as the stick on ones seem not to stick very well to it.
So I have worn it a couple of times since I finished it, and here are some pictures of me dancing in it, Unfortunately there aren’t very many since I only wear it for the team match and not for my actual latin competition as that is restricted dress.