So the end of 2016 has come around quickly! Some would probably say it hasn’t come around quickly enough and they are happy to see the end of 2016, and although 2016 has has its bad moments, and let’s be honest, there have been a number… it has still had a large number of excellent moments.
We just wanted to say a massive Happy New Year to everyone, we hope that you had a lovely time celebrating, relaxing, stuffing you face with food, or whatever you like to do to ring in the new year!
We hope that 2017 brings lots of joy to you all, with lots of crafting, cooking, travelling and enjoyment, and make sure to savour the moments that life brings you.
Here is a little video of some of my (Nikki’s) creations (and a few joint ones) to recap what I have done in the year. 🙂
So what is planned for 2017? I don’t always make hard resolutions because I find that if I haven’t managed to accomplish them then it makes me feel worse. But I am going to make a few aims of things I would like to try and do more of in 2017 and hopefully and the end of the year I can look back and have accomplished some of them.
- First and foremost I guess is finish with University… this will be the biggest thing for the year…
- I want to make sure I blog more – this will probably involve me making sure I have the best apps on my phone to enable easy editing of photos so that I can make posts quicker. At the moment I am disheartened by the amount of time it takes to just write a post, so if I can get that shorter then it will be easier.
- I want to get a journal system working for me – I started doing a bullet journal last year and I think it is quite useful. I just need to work in a smaller book so that I can keep it with me all the time, and actually get started with my set-up for the year.
- Crafting/DIY projects – there are soooo many things I would like to accomplish this year, I will attempt to do a blog post about them, but in general I just want to make sure I finish some projects off. Maybe some projects which I can do a little bit of in the evenings.
- Document life – I don’t want to become a person that photographs *everything* and doesn’t actually enjoy anything, but looking at my photos I think I need to take more photos of people, and print out photos so that I have stuff to look through. For many years I have planned to make up scrapbooks, but never actually got round to it… I also have postcards that I collect from my travels which I need to do something with. Otherwise I’ll just forget all the amazing things that happen because I have an awful memory. I might possibly join instagram since it’s a quick way that I can post stuff. But I don’t want to get stuck spending loads of time browsing all the instagram feeds…
- Enjoy myself – life gets very busy and hectic at times and sometimes you forget to just enjoy life for what it is. So I want to make sure I have friends over and spend time with people not stressing over stuff and enjoying ourselves!
- Good memory jar – Something cool that I have seen some friends doing is to take a jar and make a note each week of something good that has happened that week and add it to the jar. At the end of the year you can look back at remember lots of good things that happened. I think I might try doing this, hopefully I might be successful!