So I have finally finished some knitting projects and have a few photos to show off so here goes…
I finished another pair of socks that I started knitting as a travelling project when we went up to Scotland. I used the car socks as a base and then added a Celtic Cross pattern to the front of the socks.
I designed these so that I could have something to wear when I wore ankle boots and leggings or tight trousers so that they could cover up the gap on the ankle with something other than slightly crazy socks that I normally wear.
I cast on 12 stitches (6 on each needle) [which was a slight mistake I normally cast on 24] and increased until i had 60 stitches. I then knit in stockinette stitch until I had knit the whole of the foot and then changed to K2 P2 rib for a few rounds and then started the Celtic Cross pattern on the front of the leg section.
I finished with a K2 P2 ribbing cuff for approx an inch before binding off with a super stretchy bind off.
But yay for finished projects. I even got to show off my new socks to the new knitting group I found in my local cafe today when I went out for a coffee and a spot of lunch after having my blood taken earlier this morning. Hopefully in a few weeks when I’m next not working on a Friday I will go and join them for a bit of a knit and natter.
These were knit with Scheepjes Invicta Extra in Taupe which is a lovely marled beige colour.